Plexus create voting system for Rotary International in Britain & Ireland
That's another feather in our cap! We were asked some time ago to come up with an online voting system for the North of Scotland district of Rotary International - the idea being that local clubs could elect the officebearers using the web rather than by post.
Our specification for this was brought to the attention of the national organisation, RIBI, which covers the whole of Britain and Ireland. They asked us if we could create a system all their districts could use, and indeed one which could be used for national elections.
We did, and now it has been. The election for RIBI board members to serve over the next 3 years closed last week and the results have been calculated.
The winner is.... .... ....
Well, we'll leave that to RIBI themselves to announce. The system allows administrators to create elections, electoral registers, lists of candidates etc.
Voters receive an email 'polling card' with a link allowing them to place their vote using an online ballot paper. Elections use the Single Transferrable Vote system.
This election involved the secretaries of all Rotary Clubs throughout the UK and Ireland - over 1,800 voters. Votes are weighted depending upon the size of the club, and (for the psephologists out there) uses the Droop quota and Meek counting method. STV sounds simple, but in multi-seat constituencies it really isn't!
We're delighted at having created such a system for a national organisation, especially one as worthy as the Rotary organisation.
More information - Rotary Voting
- New Tomatin Trading website. 30 October 2018
- Visit by Painted Dog Conservation UK. 16 October 2018
- Coupers Creek. 5 July 2018
- Gallery48, Cromarty - new Wordpress site. 5 July 2018
- Lethe Estate - new site launched. 8 March 2018
- Aberchalder & Glengarry Estates. 6 December 2017
- New Cromarty Pottery Wordpress website launched. 8 November 2017
- Befrienders Highland site launched. 3 October 2017
- Black Isle Local Larder site launched. 3 October 2017
- Google Chrome and SSL. 18 August 2017
You have been very professional and consistent in getting this job completed and, perhaps more than anything, you do what you say you are going to do.