Facebook landing pages - now smaller!
Up till now this FBML page allowed you a width of 760 pixels to play with, but starting later this month (Aug 2010) Facebook are reducing this to 520 pixels so that the pages can accommodate a left-hand column. This means that many business' landing pages are going to have the right hand third of their content effectively cut off. Some businesses use this area to show video or add a newsletter subscription form for instance, so this is likely to cause them some real problems.
If you are a fan page administrator with a landing page view it now whilst logged in and you'll already see the narrow version, although until the week of the 23rd, the public will still see the wider one. Facebook have done this to give you an opportunity to update your HTML so that when the change comes you can be ready for it.
We've updated our page already - see facebook.com/plexusmedia - it looks a little thin, but here's a screenshot of how it will look come the changeover.
If you need help in changing your HTML to fit the new layout, get in touch.
- New Tomatin Trading website. 30 October 2018
- Visit by Painted Dog Conservation UK. 16 October 2018
- Coupers Creek. 5 July 2018
- Gallery48, Cromarty - new Wordpress site. 5 July 2018
- Lethe Estate - new site launched. 8 March 2018
- Aberchalder & Glengarry Estates. 6 December 2017
- New Cromarty Pottery Wordpress website launched. 8 November 2017
- Befrienders Highland site launched. 3 October 2017
- Black Isle Local Larder site launched. 3 October 2017
- Google Chrome and SSL. 18 August 2017
The website is working very well and I have had many compliments on it, and, more important, an increasing number of enquiries, sales and visitors to the gallery as a direct result. Everyone is saying how straightforward it is to navigate. Thank you indeed for doing such a good job and being so efficient, and easy and pleasant to work with!