Aigas Community Forest website live
Posted onAigas Community Forest is a community run social enterprise aiming at securing the 700 acre Aigas Forest, and operating it as a productive, working forest providing social, economic and environmental benefits for residents of and visitors to Lower Strathglass.
Studies have demonstrated that the woodland at Aigas could be run as a profitable enterprise providing benefits for the community whilst also being sensitively managed from a nature conservation standpoint.
Plexus were appointed by Aigas Community Forest group to design a professional and appealing web presence for the project, with a double function of publicising the groups efforts as well as inviting financial support form sponsors and donors.
It wass important that the group can make changes to the site quickly and effectively, reflecting the speed with which developments take place. In addition, with varied levels of IT experience amongst the group members, maximum ease of site updating and editing is crucial. The new site uses Plexus own ‘WebStarter v5’ CMS, customised to the groups specific needs, to provide these capabilities. The Plexus team wish them the best of good fortune with their project.
More information - Aigas Community Forest
- New Tomatin Trading website. 30 October 2018
- Visit by Painted Dog Conservation UK. 16 October 2018
- Coupers Creek. 5 July 2018
- Gallery48, Cromarty - new Wordpress site. 5 July 2018
- Lethe Estate - new site launched. 8 March 2018
- Aberchalder & Glengarry Estates. 6 December 2017
- New Cromarty Pottery Wordpress website launched. 8 November 2017
- Befrienders Highland site launched. 3 October 2017
- Black Isle Local Larder site launched. 3 October 2017
- Google Chrome and SSL. 18 August 2017
We are very pleased with the way the website has worked out. We're getting lots of hits, and people seem to use it. Funders are also very pleased with it. All good news.