Dornoch Historylinks Image Library
Posted onBack in early 2008 Plexus were commissioned by Dornoch Historylinks Museum to assist with getting some of their substantial collection of old photographs and prints online, so that visitors unable to get to the museum could view them, and return feedback to the museum. Our highly successful Image Library software proved to be the perfect solution.
With more than 5,000 image online, and user comments from locals and ex-pats beginning to flood in, this system is already making it far easier for the museum to gather local history details, reminiscences and data which they can then export from the site and imprort into their in-house ADLIB software. Most of this new information could not have been gathered in any other way, so the initial investment has been well and truly truly justified.
A Case Study report about the project is now featured on the Museum Galleries Scotland site.
- New Tomatin Trading website. 30 October 2018
- Visit by Painted Dog Conservation UK. 16 October 2018
- Coupers Creek. 5 July 2018
- Gallery48, Cromarty - new Wordpress site. 5 July 2018
- Lethe Estate - new site launched. 8 March 2018
- Aberchalder & Glengarry Estates. 6 December 2017
- New Cromarty Pottery Wordpress website launched. 8 November 2017
- Befrienders Highland site launched. 3 October 2017
- Black Isle Local Larder site launched. 3 October 2017
- Google Chrome and SSL. 18 August 2017
Thank you very much indeed for all your help, patience, advice and good humour in the design and construction of our website. We are absolutely thrilled with the finished product and have been receiving some great feedback and enthused responses from friends and clients that we have sent it to over the last few days. Amongst them are one or two web designers who are particularly impressed by the quality of the site's construction. It's a brilliant tool for us to have.