Posted onScottish and Southern Energy have lodged plans to build a new powerline from Beauly near Inverness to Denny in Stirlingshire. This line is needed in order to assist in carrying power generated by the many new wind turbine farms being built in the Highlands, down to the Central Belt and England. Whilst most of us wholeheartedly support an increase in renewable energy sources, the Balblair station near Beauly is already the central point for a number of powerlines. Many of these have been in place since the building of the Hydro dams in the 40s and 50s, but this means that this area of beautiful countryside has more than its fair share of pylons already. The pylons for the new powerline will be taller and much larger than existing ones, and even more worryingly, the Government's plans for increasing renewable energy mean that after this new line there are likely to need to be two more. Pylon Pressure is focussing on getting a Public Enquiry about these lines, with the intention of having them buried for part of their length, avoiding Beauly and district becoming the 'Pylon Capital of the Highlands'.
- New Tomatin Trading website. 30 October 2018
- Visit by Painted Dog Conservation UK. 16 October 2018
- Coupers Creek. 5 July 2018
- Gallery48, Cromarty - new Wordpress site. 5 July 2018
- Lethe Estate - new site launched. 8 March 2018
- Aberchalder & Glengarry Estates. 6 December 2017
- New Cromarty Pottery Wordpress website launched. 8 November 2017
- Befrienders Highland site launched. 3 October 2017
- Black Isle Local Larder site launched. 3 October 2017
- Google Chrome and SSL. 18 August 2017
We have found Plexus to be very helpful during the development of our website and also training us in the use of the web admin system. The website content is very easy and straightforward to manage. We are pleased to support a local company that provides a quality and value for money service.