Cromarty Image Library - Upgrade
Posted onHere at Plexus we're not all about profit! We've created a number of community based sites over the years, and probably the most successful and satisfying of them all has been the Cromarty Image Library.
We set it up in 2003, to host pictures of the town we're based in, allowing comments to be made about the photos to build up an archive of information and anecdotes about the history of the town. We didn't realise at the time that it would take off as well as it has, or that for many people it would be the current photos they'd be interested in as much as the historical ones.
The site now has over 2,000 photos and 4,000 comments on it - not bad for a town of less than 1,000 people.
The latest upgrade of the system makes it the easiest to use yet, allowing visitors to upload their own photos, and administrators to upload video, audio and documents to go with the pictures.
We've never understood why every town doesn't have one of these - so now we want to try to make that happen. If you'd like a site like this for your community, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information - Cromarty Image Library
- New Tomatin Trading website. 30 October 2018
- Visit by Painted Dog Conservation UK. 16 October 2018
- Coupers Creek. 5 July 2018
- Gallery48, Cromarty - new Wordpress site. 5 July 2018
- Lethe Estate - new site launched. 8 March 2018
- Aberchalder & Glengarry Estates. 6 December 2017
- New Cromarty Pottery Wordpress website launched. 8 November 2017
- Befrienders Highland site launched. 3 October 2017
- Black Isle Local Larder site launched. 3 October 2017
- Google Chrome and SSL. 18 August 2017
Can I just take the opportunity to say again how pleased we've been with the site, how well it met our rather demanding brief, and that your customer service is second-to-none as well.